Habits This Recipe Help You Keep
- Improve gut health
- Eat the rainbow
- Select healthy fats
Kicking Back with Kefir
Named after the Turkish word keyif, meaning to “feel good” after eating, this probiotic-packed fermented dairy is usually made from cow’s or goat’s milk. It contains up to 61 strains of bacteria and yeasts, making it a richer probiotic source than conventional yogurts.
- Make ranch dressing: In a blender, combine all dressing ingredients until smooth. (Make Ahead: Make dressing up to a day ahead; cover and refrigerate.)
- Prepare chicken and veg: Transfer about two-thirds of ranch dressing to a large bowl. Add chicken; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 and up to 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF; arrange oven racks in top and bottom thirds of oven. Place a large baking sheet in the oven as it preheats; mist another baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Remove chicken from marinade; place on oiled baking sheet. In a large bowl, toss Brussels sprouts, radishes and celery root with remaining oil, salt and pepper. Carefully remove hot pan from oven; spread vegetables in a single layer. Place chicken on upper rack and vegetables on lower rack and roast until an instant-read thermometer reads 165ºF when inserted into thickest part of chicken and vegetables are tender and caramelized in spots, 30 to 35 minutes, stirring vegetables about halfway through.
- Divide chicken and vegetables among serving plates; drizzle with reserved dressing.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 484
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 153.5 mg
- Fat Content 30 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 33 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 659 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 18.5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g