- Make dressing: In a small, unheated skillet, combine oil and garlic. Heat on low until mixture sizzles; cook for 1 minute, then transfer to a blender or small food processor. Add tahini, parsley and lemon juice; process until well mixed. Add warm water, 1 tbsp at a time, and process until desired consistency, adding 7 to 8 tbsp water in total. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make falafel: In a medium skillet on medium, heat oil. Add shallot and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 1 minute. Transfer to a large bowl to cool. Place cauliflower in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out excess liquid. Add to bowl with onion mixture and add remaining falafel ingredients.
- Cook falafel: Preheat oven to 400ºF; line a baking sheet with parchment. Using an ice cream scoop, portion mixture into balls (about 2 tbsp each); press into 2½-inch-wide patties. Place on sheet; mist with cooking spray. Bake 15 minutes. Flip, mist other side and bake until cooked through and golden, 10 minutes longer. (Or use a waffle iron: Portion mixture into balls, then, following manufacturer’s instructions, place 1 ball in center of each waffle iron section. Cook until golden.)
- In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients. Add ¼ cup dressing, or to taste, and toss. Divide among bowls and top with falafel. Serve remaining dressing on the side.
- Serving Size ¼ of recipe
- Calories 469
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 47 mg
- Fat Content 40 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 518 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 25 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 9 g