Enjoy all the nutritious goodness of cacao and none of the inflammatory, insulin-spiking results of sugar in this totally sugar-free sweet treat. One main ingredient in these cups is dark chocolate, made from the famously antioxidant-rich cocoa bean. A 3.5-ounce bar can contain over 80% of the recommended daily intake of copper, essential for red blood cell production, and manganese, required for optimal protein and amino acid digestion. These cups have 2 g net carbs.
- Line a 12-cup muffin pan with muffin cup liners and set aside.
- Fill a small saucepan one-third of the way with water and bring to a simmer. Place a heat-proof bowl over simmering water and add chocolate, two-thirds of butter and two-thirds of coconut oil. Add vanilla to chocolate mixture and stir until completely smooth.
- Pour one-half of chocolate mixture into muffin liners, just enough to completely cover the bottom; set remaining chocolate aside. Transfer muffin pan to freezer and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a second heat-proof bowl, combine peanut butter, monk fruit sweetener and remaining butter and coconut oil. Place over pot of simmering water; stir for 2 to 3 minutes, until melted.
- Pour peanut butter mixture into each muffin liner, on top of chocolate. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Pour remaining chocolate mixture over peanut butter, completely covering peanut butter layer. Return pan to freezer and freeze for 1 hour. Remove from muffin liners and store covered in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
TIP: If you don’t have powdered monk fruit sweetener but do have the granulated version, simply place in a blender or grinder and blend or grind until powdered.
Related: Loaded Cauliflower Mash
- Serving Size 1 piece
- Calories 187
- Carbohydrate Content 15 g
- Cholesterol Content 8 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1.5 g