- In a large skillet on medium-high, heat safflower oil. Add tempeh and salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- Mist same skillet, still on medium high, with cooking spray. Add rice, edamame and 3 tbsp water. Cook, stirring frequently, until rice and edamame are heated through and water is nearly evaporated, 2 to 3 minutes. Add carrots and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until tender, about 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium low. (NOTE: If using leftover brown rice, add it at the same time as carrots, once water and edamame are heated through.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, 1 tsp tamari and 1 tsp sesame oil. (TIME-SAVING TIP: Whisk egg mixture while tempeh and rice are cooking.) Push rice mixture to edges of skillet, mist center of skillet with cooking spray and add egg mixture. When eggs just start to set, gently break them up and fold them into rice mixture until combined. Add tempeh and remaining 1 tbsp tamari; stir until combined. Remove skillet from heat and stir in kimchi and remaining 1 tsp sesame oil. Divide among serving bowls and sprinkle with chives.
- Serving Size 1 3/4 cups
- Calories 376
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 93 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 569 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 7 g