Also see Kimchi Tacos.
From Aim True by Kathryn Budig. Copyright © 2016 by Kathryn Budig. Reprinted by permission of William Morow Books, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.
- 6 to 8 pancakesServings
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup pale beer (if you are avoiding gluten, use a gluten-free variety)
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 cup kimchi, plus a good splash of the juice
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 bunches scallions, white and green parts roughly chopped pinch of sea salt
- 4 to 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sambal
- Sambal Oelek or a different chili paste
- splash of kimchi juice
- Beat the eggs lightly in a large bowl. Slowly whisk in the rice flour, beer, tamari, kimchi juice, and sesame oil. Fold in the scallions and kimchi. Season with salt.
- Warm 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Pour ½ cup of the batter into the pan. Let the pancake fry for 2 to 3 minutes per side. Repeat until all of your pancakes are made. Add more coconut oil when necessary.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients and dip your pancakes generously!