Ko Samui Chicken Slaw with Spicy Lime Vinaigrette
Cabbage, mango, carrots and bell pepper are tossed with protein-rich chicken and drizzled with a fiery mint and lime dressing.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 4 large carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 large zucchini, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted and cut into matchsticks
- 6 cups shredded savoy, napa or green cabbage
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 cups chopped snap peas
- 6 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp Sucanat or organic evaporated cane juice
- 1 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- 6 tbsp chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine carrots, bell pepper, zucchini, mango, cabbage, chicken and peas.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lime juice, oil, vinegar, Sucanat, hot sauce and mint. Pour dressing over vegetable mixture and toss to combine. Divide among serving bowls and top with peanuts.
- Serving Size 3 cups
- Calories 399
- Carbohydrate Content 27 g
- Cholesterol Content 79 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 35 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 164 mg
- Sugar Content 17 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g