DISEASE-FIGHTING DUO This recipe stars garlic and ginger, both of which have major nutritional impact. The sulfur-containing compounds found in garlic sweep up harmful bacteria and yeast in the intestines and promote production of glutathione, which the body needs to clean up toxins. Ginger contains gingerol-9, a powerful compound that has shown promise in preventing the growth of cancer cells in the prostate, ovaries and prostate.
MAKE AHEAD Marinate the ribs and prepare the Quick-Pickled Carrots (through Step 2).
FINISH ON SITE Grill the beef and assemble the lettuce wraps.
PACK THESE TOOLS Grill, grilling tongs, paper towel, knife, cutting board and platter.
1. Prepare marinade: In a blender, blend the first 8 ingredients until smooth. Transfer to a zip-top bag with ribs; marinate refrigerated at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
2. Prepare Quick-Pickled Carrots: In a portable lidded container, combine the first 6 ingredients; add carrots and toss.
3. Preheat a greased grill or grill-pan on high. Pat ribs dry, discarding marinade, then grill ribs until caramelized, 1 to 2 minutes per side. When cool enough to handle, remove from bone and cut into 2-inch pieces.
4. Fill lettuce wraps with beef, carrots and, if using, radishes, cilantro, hot sauce and seeds.
- Serving Size 2 wraps
- Calories 316
- Carbohydrate Content 7.5 g
- Cholesterol Content 82 mg
- Fat Content 22 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 233 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g