- 1/4 cup arrowroot
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium tamari
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets
- 1/3 cup roasted unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 3-inch piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp chicken broth or water
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium tamari
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp arrowroot
- 1 tsp crushed Sichuan peppercorns (or black peppercorns)
1. Preheat oven 450°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Prepare cauliflower: In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup water with arrowroot. Add egg, tamari, garlic powder and oil; mix well. Stir in bread crumbs.
3. Working 1 floret at a time, coat cauliflower with bread crumb mixture. Lay florets on prepared sheet. Bake until golden and tender, about 30 minutes.
4. Prepare sauce: In a small saucepan on medium-high, add all sauce ingredients and bring to a simmer; cook until sauce thickens, about 2 minutes.
5. Drizzle sauce over cauliflower on sheet and gently toss to coat. Garnish with peanuts and green onions.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 328
- Carbohydrate Content: 45 g
- Cholesterol Content: 47 mg
- Fat Content: 13 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 627 mg
- Sugar Content: 16 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 4 g