Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Looking for more vegetarian recipes? Click here.
Love exotic chickpea dishes? Try this chickpea salad, too!
- In a medium bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients. Add chickpeas and set aside.
- In a large wok or skillet on high, heat 1 tsp oil. Add celery and carrots and sauté for 3 minutes. Add garlic and mushrooms and sauté for 2 minutes. Add bell pepper and peas and sauté for another 2 minutes. Add chickpea-sauce mixture and cook for 1 minute. Set aside.
- Prepare millet: In a large skillet on high, heat remaining 2 tsp oil. Add millet and sauté for 3 minutes. Add green onions and sauté for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in salt. Serve chickpea mixture over millet. Top with nuts and seeds.
- Serving Size 1 cup stir-fry and 1/2 cup millet
- Calories 387
- Carbohydrate Content 51 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 14 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 546 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g