COST PER SERVING
Nutritional Bonus: A fabulous vegetarian source of protein, tofu offers almost 10 grams of the macronutrient in just a 1/2 cup, which is twice the amount found in an equal portion of milk. The same 1/2 cup also packs in 227 milligrams of calcium, which does a body good by fulfilling 20% of your recommended daily need.
Love this tofu pad thai recipe? Find more tofu recipes here.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 oz brown rice noodles
- 4 tbsp unsalted tomato paste
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/8 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 egg white, whisked
- 2 cups green cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 2 green onions, julienned or thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 large carrot, peeled and julienned or cut into thin matchstick pieces
- 12 oz firm tofu, cubed
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 2 tbsp unsalted peanuts, crushed
- Lime wedges and additional cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Cook brown rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together tomato paste, vinegar, honey, fish sauce, lime juice and cayenne. Set aside.
- Heat a large cast iron or nonstick pan or wok over medium-high for 1 minute. Mist with cooking spray. Add egg white and sauté until cooked, about 2 minutes. Remove egg white from heat and dice into small pieces.
- In the same pan, misted again with cooking spray, sauté cabbage, bean sprouts, onions and carrot over medium-high for 2 minutes. Add tofu and cook for another 2 minutes. Add cooked egg white and cilantro, sautéing for another 2 minutes. Then stir in tomato paste mixture. Add cooked noodles. Stir until completely combined and thoroughly heated, about 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and toss with peanuts before serving. Garnish with lime wedges and additional cilantro, if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 220
- Carbohydrate Content: 38 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Sodium Content: 510 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g