COST PER SERVING
Nutritional Bonus: A fabulous vegetarian source of protein, tofu offers almost 10 grams of the macronutrient in just a 1/2 cup, which is twice the amount found in an equal portion of milk. The same 1/2 cup also packs in 227 milligrams of calcium, which does a body good by fulfilling 20% of your recommended daily need.
Love this tofu pad thai recipe? Find more tofu recipes here.
- Cook brown rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together tomato paste, vinegar, honey, fish sauce, lime juice and cayenne. Set aside.
- Heat a large cast iron or nonstick pan or wok over medium-high for 1 minute. Mist with cooking spray. Add egg white and sauté until cooked, about 2 minutes. Remove egg white from heat and dice into small pieces.
- In the same pan, misted again with cooking spray, sauté cabbage, bean sprouts, onions and carrot over medium-high for 2 minutes. Add tofu and cook for another 2 minutes. Add cooked egg white and cilantro, sautéing for another 2 minutes. Then stir in tomato paste mixture. Add cooked noodles. Stir until completely combined and thoroughly heated, about 3 to 4 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and toss with peanuts before serving. Garnish with lime wedges and additional cilantro, if desired.
- Serving Size 1 cup
- Calories 220
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 510 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g