Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Preheat oven to 450˚F. Line a large baking sheet with paper towels and spread eggplant on sheet; set aside for about 15 minutes.
- Remove paper towels from baking sheet and add 2 tbsp oil to eggplant; toss gently to coat. Transfer to oven and bake until edges are dark brown and crisp, about 16 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350˚F.
- In a large pot, heat remaining 2 tbsp oil on medium. Add onion and sauté, stirring often, until softened but not browned. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant. Stir in tomatoes, salt, allspice, cinnamon and/cup water; bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and gently stir in eggplant. Transfer mixture to a large roasting pan and cover with a lid or foil.
- Bake for 15 minutes; remove lid and bake for 30 minutes more.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 175
- Carbohydrate Content 21 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 344 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g