Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil on medium-high. Add leeks, salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until very soft, about 5 minutes. add potatoes and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes soften, 8 to 10 minutes. Add milk and nutmeg, stir and cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Using a ladle or large spoon, carefully remove 2 cups soup and transfer to an upright blender; purée until smooth, about 2 minutes. Return purée to saucepan, add cheese and stir just until cheese melts. Ladle into serving bowls, dividing evenly.
- Serving Size 1 cup
- Calories 202
- Carbohydrate Content 32 g
- Cholesterol Content 6 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 176 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g