Health Benefit: The anthocyanins in blueberries are antioxidants that fight free radicals and help protect against cardiovascular and neurodegenerative diseases, as well as cancer.
1. To a blender, add all ingredients and blend until smooth and thoroughly mixed, scraping down sides of blender with a rubber spatula if necessary. (NOTE: Batter will have a grayish hue from the blueberries, but it will cook up to golden brown with flecks of blueberry.)
2. Heat a nonstick griddle over medium-high and spray with cooking spray. Working in batches, pour a scant ¼ cup batter per pancake, making 3-inch circles; cook until small bubbles appear and burst on the surface and the underside is golden brown, 1½ to 2 minutes. Flip and continue cooking until golden brown on the other side, 1 to 1½ minutes more.
3. Top with optional toppings such as blueberries, sliced almonds and a drizzle of maple syrup, if desired.
NOTE: Pancakes can be made ahead and frozen in an airtight container with parchment paper between the layers and then reheated in a toaster.
- Serving Size 3 pancakes
- Calories 269
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 79 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 502 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 2 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g