Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
This recipe is part of our Ultimate Easy, Healthy, On-a-Budget Meal Plan
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, combine 1/3 cup rosemary, fennel seeds, 1 1/2 tsp pepper, garlic, lemon juice, soy sauce and 2 tbsp oil.
- In a roasting pan, arrange chicken, breast side up. Gently slide fingers under skin and rub a thick layer of rosemary mixture, leaving skin on. Spread any remaining rosemary mixture and place rind of juiced lemon in chicken cavity. Roast chicken for 2 1/2 hours or until a thermometer inserted in inner thigh reads 165°F. Remove from oven, tent with foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Near end of roasting time, prepare medley: in a large skillet on medium-high, heat remaining 4 tsp oil. Add potatoes and remaining 2 tbsp rosemary and sauté for 5 minutes; cover and cook for 8 minutes more. Stir in onion, zucchini, yellow squash and remaining 1/2 tsp pepper. Cover and cook for 7 to 8 minutes, until squash is softened.
- Serving Size 5 oz chicken, 2 c medley
- Calories 510
- Carbohydrate Content 46 g
- Cholesterol Content 106 mg
- Fat Content 18 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 42 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 329 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g