Find more dessert recipeshere.
- Prep Time
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon zest, plus 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup (TRY: Pure Vermont Maple Syrup)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 13.5-oz BPA-free cans coconut milk, refrigerated overnight (TIP: It's important to look for brands without fillers or gums for this use.)
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- In a medium saucepan, whisk eggs. Add lemon zest and maple syrup; set on medium heat and whisk constantly until mixture turns pale yellow and creamy, about 5 minutes. To saucepan, alternate adding coconut oil and lemon juice a little at a time. (NOTE: It should take you about 3 rounds.) Whisk constantly until mixture is creamy, color is even and bubbles just begin to form. Remove from heat and pour through a fine mesh sieve into a jar or bowl, pressing to make sure as much of the mixture as possible goes through. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Just before serving, remove cans from refrigerator and open from bottom (coconut milk will have separated into solidified cream and water). Pour out water and reserve for another use; scoop solidified, white cream into a chilled metal bowl. Add cayenne and beat with an electric hand mixer on medium-high for 30 seconds, until creamy. Gently fold in chilled lemon mixture.
- Serving Size: 1/4 c
- Calories: 287
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Cholesterol Content: 70 mg
- Fat Content: 24 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 20 g
- Sodium Content: 42 mg
- Sugar Content: 13 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g