Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk eggs. Add lemon zest and maple syrup; set on medium heat and whisk constantly until mixture turns pale yellow and creamy, about 5 minutes. To saucepan, alternate adding coconut oil and lemon juice a little at a time. (NOTE: It should take you about 3 rounds.) Whisk constantly until mixture is creamy, color is even and bubbles just begin to form. Remove from heat and pour through a fine mesh sieve into a jar or bowl, pressing to make sure as much of the mixture as possible goes through. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Just before serving, remove cans from refrigerator and open from bottom (coconut milk will have separated into solidified cream and water). Pour out water and reserve for another use; scoop solidified, white cream into a chilled metal bowl. Add cayenne and beat with an electric hand mixer on medium-high for 30 seconds, until creamy. Gently fold in chilled lemon mixture.
- Serving Size 1/4 c
- Calories 287
- Carbohydrate Content 15 g
- Cholesterol Content 70 mg
- Fat Content 24 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 20 g
- Sodium Content 42 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g