Lemon Cranberry Sauce
Tart cranberry flavor with a hint of sweetness and a twist of lemon, our homemade Lemon Cranberry Sauce will please a crowd - the best part is that you can make it entirely in advance and garnish at the last moment!
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 lemon
- 2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup Sucanat
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove zest from half of lemon (NOTE: Remove colored part only, avoid the white pith.)
- Cut peel crosswire into thin slices. Save remaining lemon for another use.
- Set aside 1/2 tsp lemon peel.
- In a medium saucepan on medium, combine remaining lemon peel, cranberries, Sucanat, 3/4 cup water and salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until most cranberries have burst, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a resealable container or serving dish and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Chill in the refrigerator. Serve chilled. Before serving, garnish with reserved 1/2 tsp lemon peel.
- Serving Size 3 tbsp lemon cranberry sauce
- Calories 73
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 57 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g