Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove zest from half of lemon (NOTE: Remove colored part only, avoid the white pith.)
- Cut peel crosswire into thin slices. Save remaining lemon for another use.
- Set aside 1/2 tsp lemon peel.
- In a medium saucepan on medium, combine remaining lemon peel, cranberries, Sucanat, 3/4 cup water and salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until most cranberries have burst, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a resealable container or serving dish and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Chill in the refrigerator. Serve chilled. Before serving, garnish with reserved 1/2 tsp lemon peel.
- Serving Size 3 tbsp lemon cranberry sauce
- Calories 73
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 57 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g