Fire up the grill! Check out our collection of cookout recipes.
- Prepare dressing: Zest lemons, then squeeze to yield 1/4 cup juice. In a small bowl, combine zest, ¼ cup juice, garlic, oil and 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Sprinkle skinned side of chicken with fennel seeds and remaining 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper, pressing seeds into chicken.
- Arrange romaine, onion, bell pepper and fennel on a large platter and brush both sides with about half of dressing.
- Prepare a grill to medium-high and lightly oil grate. Grill chicken, seeded side first, until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Grill onion, bell pepper and fennel until softened and lightly charred, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Grill romaine until lightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Set chicken aside to rest for 5 minutes. Set onion, bell pepper, fennel and romaine aside until cool enough to handle, about 3 minutes.
- Cut core from romaine and arrange leaves on plates or a platter. Cut root ends from onion, slice or dice bell peppers and slice and core fennel; arrange vegetables on top of romaine. Slice chicken and arrange on top of vegetables. Sprinkle with cheese and dill, drizzle with remaining dressing.
- Serving Size 1/6 of chicken salad
- Calories 268
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 51 mg
- Fat Content 13 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 452 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g