- Prep Time
- 1 14-oz BPA-free can coconut milk
- 1 cup plain unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 1 tbsp peeled and grated ginger
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup small pearl tapioca (TRY: Bob’s Red Mill Small Pearl Tapioca)
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
1. In a medium saucepan, whisk together coconut milk, almond milk, honey, lemon zest, ginger and salt. Stir in tapioca pearls and set aside to soak for 30 minutes.
2. Place saucepan on medium heat and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook uncovered, 10 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened and tapioca is soft. Stir in vanilla.
3. Let pudding cool before transferring it to a container. Pudding will keep, covered in the refrigerator, up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
- Calories: 231
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14 g
- Sodium Content: 95 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 1 g