Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more delicious recipes here.
- Pour the kefir into a nut bag. Place the bag in a strainer set inside a bowl. Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and refrigerate 16 to 18 hours.
- Discard the whey (clear liquid) in bowl. Transfer strained kefir from bag into a small bowl. Add preserved lemon (if using), thyme, lemon zest and lemon juice and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper. (TIP: Nut bags are designed to strain nut milks and can be found in health food stores or online. They work really well for this purpose, but if you can’t find them, use a triple layer of cheesecloth.)
- Serving Size 1/4 cup
- Calories 14
- Carbohydrate Content 1 g
- Cholesterol Content 3 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 20 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g