- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour (NOTE: Look for a fine blanched almond flour rather than an almond meal. TRY: Anthony’s Blanched Almond Flour)
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 2 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 2 tsp baking powder (TIP: While most baking powder is gluten-free, read the label to be sure if you’re making this for someone who is allergic.)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp organic evaporated cane juice (aka organic cane sugar), divided
- 1/3 cup grape seed, safflower or sunflower oil
- 3/4 cup + 1 tsp whole-milk yogurt, divided
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp fresh lemon juice, divided
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper; mist with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine millet, almond and rice flours, tapioca starch, lemon zest, baking powder and salt. In a separate large bowl using a handheld electric mixer, beat eggs and ½ cup cane juice on medium-high for 2 minutes, until pale and doubled in volume. With mixer on medium-low, beat in oil, 3/4 cup yogurt and 2 tbsp lemon juice until well combined, 1 minute. Reduce to low; add dry ingredients, mixing until just combined.
3. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean, 35 to 40 minutes. Cool completely in pan.
4. To a spice grinder, add remaining 2 tbsp cane juice and process until it becomes a fine powder, 30 to 45 seconds. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in remaining 2 tsp lemon juice and 1 tsp yogurt. Stir until a smooth, slightly runny glaze is achieved.
5. Remove cake from pan and peel off parchment, if necessary. Place on a serving plate. Drizzle with glaze; place in fridge to harden glaze, 20 minutes. Cut into 12 slices.
- Serving Size: 1/12 of loaf
- Calories: 188
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Cholesterol Content: 33 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Sodium Content: 161 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 5 g