Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Serve with our Almond-Crusted Chicken.
Image and recipe from Cuisine at Home.
- Line a large baking sheet with a double layer of paper towel. Using a julienne peeler or knife, cut the zucchini into long, thin strips, avoiding the seeds. (TIP: Slice zucchini down to the seeds with the julienne peeler then switch sides.)
- Spread noodles in a single layer on prepared sheet and sprinkle with salt. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Transfer zucchini noodles to a strainer set over a bowl. Using more paper towel, gently squeeze water from zucchini. Discard water.
- In a large skillet on medium- high, heat oil. Add noodles and cook, stirring occasionally until heated through, 3 to 5 minutes if cut with a julienne peeler or 7 to 9 minutes if hand cut into thicker noodles. Stir in oregano, lemon zest and juice, and pepper, tossing to combine.
- Serving Size 1 cup
- Calories 43
- Carbohydrate Content 5 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 2.5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 125 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g