When making these zippy lemon pancakes with their almond flour base, make sure all your wet ingredients are as close to room temperature as possible for even blending.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together almond flour, collagen, arrowroot, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together almond milk, egg, lemon zest, lemon juice, honey and vanilla. Add wet ingredients to dry; whisk until combined. Let mixture sit for 10 minutes to thicken.
- Meanwhile, make jam: To a small saucepan on medium-low, add blueberries, chia seeds and water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture takes on jam-like texture, about 10 minutes.
- In a large nonstick skillet on medium, heat oil. Working in batches, spoon 2 tbsp batter onto skillet per pancake. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until edges become slightly crisp. Flip and continue to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, until golden. Repeat until all the batter is used up, regreasing skillet as needed. Serve warm pancakes topped with jam.
NOTE: If following our Meal Plan, refrigerate pancakes and jam separately in airtight containers. Reheat and assemble when called for.
- Serving Size ½ of recipe
- Calories 452
- Carbohydrate Content 31 g
- Cholesterol Content 93 mg
- Fat Content 40 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 346 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 20 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 8 g