Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more clean desserts here!
- Prepare dough: Preheat oven to 375°F. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; cut in coconut oil. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and 1/3 cup water. Slowly add wet to dry ingredients and knead until a dough has formed. If dough is too dry and won’t hold together, add up to 2 tsp more water. Cover with a towel; set aside 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare filling: To a small saucepan, add all filling ingredients and whisk until smooth. Set on medium heat and whisk until filling mixture becomes thick, about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- On a floured surface, roll dough into a large square, about ¼ inch thick. Cut into 18 3½ x 2½-inch rectangles. Transfer 9 rectangles to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Add 2 tsp filling to center of 1 rectangle. Brush water on edges of rectangle; top with a second rectangle. Press edges together and pinch using the tines of a fork. Repeat with remaining rectangles. Stir 1 tsp warm water into remaining filling; brush over tops of pastries. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, prepare drizzle: In a high-powered blender or food processor, add all drizzle ingredients. Process until very smooth, 4 to 5 minutes. Drizzle over tarts. (TIP: If freezing tarts, let them cool before drizzling.)
- Freeze and Reheat: Wrap tarts individually in foil, place in a freezer bag and freeze. To reheat, remove foil and bake at 350°F for 18 to 20 minutes until warmed through.
- Serving Size 1 tart
- Calories 349
- Carbohydrate Content 49 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 15.5 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 11 g
- Sodium Content 131 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g