Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a large skillet on medium-high, heat 2 tsp oil. Add bacon and caraway seeds and cook, stirring frequently, until golden, about 3 minutes. Add cabbage and apple and cook, stirring frequently, until cabbage just begins to soften. Add vinegar and maple syrup, stirring to combine. Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook until cabbage is very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a shallow dish, combine flour, salt and pepper. In a separate shallow dish, whisk egg and egg white together. In a third dish, combine lemon zest and panko.
- Working with 1 piece at a time, dip pork into flour, turning to coat both sides, and shaking off excess. Dip into egg, turning to coat both sides, and allow excess to drip off. Lastly, dip into panko, turning to coat both sides and set on a large plate. Discard any remaining flour, egg and panko.
- In a second large skillet on medium high, heat remaining 4 tsp oil. Working in batches if necessary, add pork and cook for 10 to 14 minutes, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through. Divide cabbage and pork among serving plates.
- Serving Size 1 piece pork adn 3/4 cup cabbage
- Calories 327
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 107 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 28 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 313 mg
- Sugar Content 14.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g