Try this Lemon & Shallot Macadamia Nut Spread with fresh strawberries or cucumber sticks.
Find more meal plan recipes.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 cupsServings
- 19 oz macadamia nuts, soaked in water for 45 minutes and drained
- 6 tbsp minced shallots
- 2 tsp lemon zest, plus 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs of your choice (such as parsley, basil, chives), optional
- To a high-powered blender or food processor, add macadamia nuts and 2 cups water and blend until smooth.
- Line a small colander with cheesecloth and place over a bowl. Pour in nut mixture. Wrap cheesecloth around nut mixture, twist at top and squeeze. Place a heavy item on the top to force moisture out. Allow to sit in a warm location for 1 hour.
- Transfer nut mixture to a small bowl, reserving liquid, if desired. (TIP: You can use reserved liquid as a substitute for cream in coffee or tea.) Add remaining ingredients. Form into 2 logs and roll in garnish, if using.
- Refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze for future use. (NOTE: If you plan to freeze your nut spread, do not add the fresh herbs.)
- Serving Size: 2 tbsp
- Calories: 164
- Carbohydrate Content: 4 g
- Fat Content: 17 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 162 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g