Try this Lemon & Shallot Macadamia Nut Spread with fresh strawberries or cucumber sticks.
Find more meal plan recipes.
- To a high-powered blender or food processor, add macadamia nuts and 2 cups water and blend until smooth.
- Line a small colander with cheesecloth and place over a bowl. Pour in nut mixture. Wrap cheesecloth around nut mixture, twist at top and squeeze. Place a heavy item on the top to force moisture out. Allow to sit in a warm location for 1 hour.
- Transfer nut mixture to a small bowl, reserving liquid, if desired. (TIP: You can use reserved liquid as a substitute for cream in coffee or tea.) Add remaining ingredients. Form into 2 logs and roll in garnish, if using.
- Refrigerate for up to 5 days or freeze for future use. (NOTE: If you plan to freeze your nut spread, do not add the fresh herbs.)
- Serving Size 2 tbsp
- Calories 164
- Carbohydrate Content 4 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 162 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g