Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Back to Budget Recipes.
- Mist a large pot or saucepan with cooking spray and heat to medium-high. Add sausage and cook, stirring and crumbling with a spatula, until no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
- To same pot, add 2 cups water and milk and bring to a boil on medium-high. (TIP: Watch carefully and stir from time to time, as milk has a tendency to boil over.) Add spaghetti and pepper flakes. When liquid returns to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer, stirring frequently, until spaghetti is just short of al dente, 11 to 15 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and simmer, uncovered, until spinach is wilted, most of the liquid has absorbed and spaghetti is al dente, 2 to 4 minutes. Add lemon zest, black pepper and sausage and stir until heated through, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Divide among plates and top evenly with cheese.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups
- Calories 370
- Carbohydrate Content 49 g
- Cholesterol Content 42 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4.5 g
- Sodium Content 531 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g