Find more quick and easy recipes for chicken here!
- On a large plate, spread 1/8 cup flour, 1/8 tsp pepper and 1/8 tsp salt. Dredge both sides of chicken in mixture to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat 1½ tsp oil on medium-high. Shake off excess flour from chicken and add to skillet. Cook, turning once, until golden brown and cooked through, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a clean plate and cover to keep warm a clean plate and cover to keep warm.
- Let skillet cool slightly, then wipe out any remaining flour. Return skillet to medium-high heat and add remaining 1½ tsp oil. Add mushrooms, leek and remaining ¼ tsp pepper and 1/8 tsp salt and sauté, stirring frequently, until liquid evaporates and mushrooms are tender and lightly
- browned, 6 to 7 minutes. Add carrots and sauté until tender-crisp, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 tbsp flour over vegetables, stirring constantly until flour is fully incorporated, about 1 minute. Add broth and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any browned bits from bottom of skillet. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to medium-low and cook until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- To skillet, add lemon juice, mustard and 4 tsp tarragon and stir well to combine. Return chicken and any juices to skillet. Spoon vegetable mixture over chicken and cook until heated through, 1 to
- minutes. Garnish with additional tarragon and serve with baguette (if using).
- Serving Size 1 chicken breast and 2/3 cup vegetables
- Calories 327
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 383 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 40 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 90 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g