You can customize this recipe using whatever ingredients you have on hand; broccoli makes a fine substitute for the asparagus, or you can omit the chicken and chicken broth and add mushrooms, fresh grated Parmesan and vegetable broth to make it vegetarian.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 oz whole-grain angel-hair pasta, broken in half
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets, sliced into 12 strips
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 1 lb), trimmed and cut diagonally into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint, divided
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (TRY: Bob's Red Mill Sea Salt)
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp cold organic unsalted butter, cubed
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Reserving ½ cup of the cooking liquid, drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil on medium. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until golden, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, broth, lemon juice and butter and bring to a simmer. Add asparagus and cook, stirring, until asparagus is tender-crisp and chicken is no longer pink inside, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in ¼ cup mint and enough of the reserved cooking liquid to make a thin sauce. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup mint.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 303
- Carbohydrate Content: 26 g
- Cholesterol Content: 77 mg
- Fat Content: 115 g
- Fiber Content: 4.5 g
- Protein Content: 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5 g
- Sodium Content: 184 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g