Nutritional Bonus: Lemon is the star of this dish - it boosts flavor and is a great source of vitamin C, which supports the immune system, as well as flavonoids, which are plant-based compounds that protect the body's cells from harmful free radical damage.
- Cook Time
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 8 oz cooked crab meat, picked over for shells
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, divided
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Zest of 2 lemons
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 8 oz whole-wheat angel hair pasta
- In a large nonstick skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add bell peppers and salt and saute until tender and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add crab, 6 tbsp parsley, pepper flakes, lemon zest and juice. Cook, stirring frequently, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Before draining pasta, ladle about 1 cup cooking water into a heat-proof cup and set aside. Drain pasta and return to pot, off the heat.
- To pasta pot, add crab mixture and 1/4 cup reserved pasta water; stir to combine. Add more water as needed to moisten to desired consistency. Divide among serving bowls and sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp parsley.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups pasta with crab
- Calories: 294
- Carbohydrate Content: 46 g
- Cholesterol Content: 55 mg
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 296 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g