Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Nutritional Bonus: Lemon is the star of this dish – it boosts flavor and is a great source of vitamin C, which supports the immune system, as well as flavonoids, which are plant-based compounds that protect the body’s cells from harmful free radical damage.
- In a large nonstick skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add bell peppers and salt and saute until tender and lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add crab, 6 tbsp parsley, pepper flakes, lemon zest and juice. Cook, stirring frequently, until heated through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Before draining pasta, ladle about 1 cup cooking water into a heat-proof cup and set aside. Drain pasta and return to pot, off the heat.
- To pasta pot, add crab mixture and 1/4 cup reserved pasta water; stir to combine. Add more water as needed to moisten to desired consistency. Divide among serving bowls and sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp parsley.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups pasta with crab
- Calories 294
- Carbohydrate Content 46 g
- Cholesterol Content 55 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 296 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g