Lemony Angel-Hair Pasta with Chicken & Asparagus
Simple, wholesome ingredients and a speedy cook time make this dish a go-to weeknight comfort meal.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
You can customize this recipe using whatever ingredients you have on hand; broccoli makes a fine substitute for the asparagus, or you can omit the chicken and chicken broth and add mushrooms, fresh grated Parmesan and vegetable broth to make it vegetarian.
- 4 oz whole-grain angel-hair pasta, broken in half
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast cutlets, sliced into 12 strips
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 bunch asparagus (about 1 lb), trimmed and cut diagonally into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint, divided
- 1/4 tsp sea salt (TRY: Bob's Red Mill Sea Salt)
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp cold organic unsalted butter, cubed
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Reserving ½ cup of the cooking liquid, drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil on medium. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until golden, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, broth, lemon juice and butter and bring to a simmer. Add asparagus and cook, stirring, until asparagus is tender-crisp and chicken is no longer pink inside, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in ¼ cup mint and enough of the reserved cooking liquid to make a thin sauce. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup mint.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 303
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 77 mg
- Fat Content 115 g
- Fiber Content 4.5 g
- Protein Content 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 184 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g