Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
You can customize this recipe using whatever ingredients you have on hand; broccoli makes a fine substitute for the asparagus, or you can omit the chicken and chicken broth and add mushrooms, fresh grated Parmesan and vegetable broth to make it vegetarian.
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Reserving ½ cup of the cooking liquid, drain pasta.
- Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil on medium. Add chicken and cook, turning once, until golden, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in pasta, broth, lemon juice and butter and bring to a simmer. Add asparagus and cook, stirring, until asparagus is tender-crisp and chicken is no longer pink inside, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in ¼ cup mint and enough of the reserved cooking liquid to make a thin sauce. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup mint.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 303
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 77 mg
- Fat Content 115 g
- Fiber Content 4.5 g
- Protein Content 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 184 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g