Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more soup recipes here.
- In a large pot on medium, heat oil. Add celery, onion and garlic and sauté until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add cumin, coriander, turmeric and cayenne and stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add chickpeas and stir. Add broth, salt and black pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer; cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove 1 to 2 cups soup and purée in an upright blender or in a bowl using an immersion blender. Stir back into pot. (TIP: If using an upright blender, remove plastic stopper in lid and cover with a towel for steam to escape.) Divide among bowls, drizzle with lemon juice and top with herbs.)
- Serving Size 1/6 of soup
- Calories 374
- Carbohydrate Content 53 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 14 g
- Protein Content 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 421 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g