Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more soup recipes.
- In a medium pot on medium, heat olive oil. Add carrots and onion and cook, stirring until tender, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and thyme and cook for 1 to 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add broth, lentils, ¾ tsp salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cook partially covered until lentils are tender, 15 to 20 minutes. Pull out thyme sprigs and discard. Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice and additional salt, as needed.
- Meanwhile, prepare crisps: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss greens and coconut oil, rubbing into both sides of leaves. Arrange in a single layer and sprinkle with ¼ tsp salt. Bake for 5 minutes; turn over and bake for 5 minutes more, or until dry and crispy. (NOTE: If your oven runs hot, check greens after 3 minutes to avoid burning.)
- Divide soup among bowls and break up Beet Green Crisps over top.
- Serving Size 1/6 of soup
- Calories 447
- Carbohydrate Content 62 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 15 g
- Fiber Content 12.5 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 0 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g