Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Prepare rice: In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in rice, ginger, turmeric, salt and pepper. Cover and cook on medium-low heat for 35 minutes. Set aside for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Prepare kebabs: In a medium saucepan on medium-high, heat oil. Add shallots and cook for 3 minutes, until soft. Add potato, garlic, ginger and turmeric; cook for 5 minutes. Add water, lentils, salt and pepper and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes; remove cover and cook on low for 12 to 15 minutes, until water is evaporated. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a large baking sheet.
- To the lentil mixture in pot, stir in flour and mix well. Shape into kebabs (each about 2½ inches), skewer kebabs on a wooden picks, making 12 skewers total. Place on a baking sheet and mist with cooking spray. Bake for 12 minutes, until golden brown. (Alternatively, in order to grill them, allow them to firm up in the fridge for about 20 minutes.)
- Prepare sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients.
- Divide rice mixture among bowls. Top with snap peas and mango. Divide kebabs among bowl and drizzle with sauce. Garnish with radish and cilantro.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 688
- Carbohydrate Content 101 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 25 g
- Fiber Content 14 g
- Protein Content 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 793 mg
- Sugar Content 18 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 8 g