Tip: Cook and cool quinoa ahead of time, or you can use frozen cooked quinoa and thaw before using.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Make pie: Preheat oven to 375°F. Mist a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together quinoa, beans, one-half of cheese, beaten egg and cilantro. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet on medium, heat oil. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened and translucent, about 4 minutes. Add bell pepper, chile powder and cumin; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, water and lentils. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper.
- Spread half of sauce over bottom of prepared baking dish. Top with quinoa mixture. Top with remaining sauce. Cover and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with remaining one-half of cheese and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Serve taco pie topped with sour cream (if using), lettuce, jalapeños, tomato and cilantro.
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 283
- Carbohydrate Content 38 g
- Cholesterol Content 45 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 13 g
- Protein Content 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 596 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g