Find more quick and easy recipes here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb boneless, skin-on cod fillet, cut into four equal portions and patted dry
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp plus 1 pinch chipotle chile powder, divided
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp safflower or olive oil
- 1 small jicama, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 fresh pineapple, peeled, cored and
- cut into matchsticks
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp plus 2 tsp fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp organic unsalted butter
- In a small bowl, add onion and enough cold water to cover. Let soak for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside. (Tip: To cut back on raw red onion’s intense taste, soak it in water before adding to your recipes!)
- Season cod with 1/4 tsp each salt, chile powder and cumin. In a medium nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium. Add cod skin side down and cook undisturbed until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare slaw: In a medium bowl, combine jicama, pineapple, lime zest, 2 tbsp lime juice, cilantro, onion and remaining 1/4 tsp salt and 1 pinch chile powder; toss to combine.
- Carefully flip cod and cook for 2 more minutes. To skillet, add remaining 2 tsp lime juice and butter and cook until butter melts. With a spoon, baste cod by spooning butter mixture over top. Cook until cod is opaque throughout, about 2 more minutes. Serve with slaw.
- Serving Size: 3 oz cod and 1/4 of slaw
- Calories: 375
- Carbohydrate Content: 45 g
- Cholesterol Content: 66 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 514 mg
- Sugar Content: 13 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 3 g