Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Find more quick and easy recipes here!
- In a small bowl, add onion and enough cold water to cover. Let soak for 10 minutes. Drain and set aside. (Tip: To cut back on raw red onion’s intense taste, soak it in water before adding to your recipes!)
- Season cod with 1/4 tsp each salt, chile powder and cumin. In a medium nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium. Add cod skin side down and cook undisturbed until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare slaw: In a medium bowl, combine jicama, pineapple, lime zest, 2 tbsp lime juice, cilantro, onion and remaining 1/4 tsp salt and 1 pinch chile powder; toss to combine.
- Carefully flip cod and cook for 2 more minutes. To skillet, add remaining 2 tsp lime juice and butter and cook until butter melts. With a spoon, baste cod by spooning butter mixture over top. Cook until cod is opaque throughout, about 2 more minutes. Serve with slaw.
- Serving Size 3 oz cod and 1/4 of slaw
- Calories 375
- Carbohydrate Content 45 g
- Cholesterol Content 66 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 514 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g