Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Love pasta? Try these 20 fabulous pasta recipes!
- In a large pot, heat 2 tsp oil on medium-high. Add mushrooms and sauté, stirring occasionally, until liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and stir in remaining 1 tsp oil, carrots, celery, onion, garlic and spinach. Sauté until onion is soft and translucent but not browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add turkey and cook, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Add tomato paste and cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes; if needed, gradually stir in up to ½ cup water to prevent over-browning.
- Increase heat to medium-high and stir in chicken broth. Bring to a simmer and cook, stirring and scraping up browned bits with a wooden spoon, for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in milk, fennel, cardamom and orange. Cover and simmer very gently for 45 minutes. Remove orange.
- About 15 minutes before turkey mixture is done, cook pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Drain well and add to turkey mixture. Stir to coat and simmer gently for 5 minutes. To serve, top with ricotta, basil and pepper.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups
- Calories 374
- Carbohydrate Content 39 g
- Cholesterol Content 65 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 39 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 232 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g