READER RECIPE TESTER
"My family loves hamburger sliders, so I was excited to try these sausage variations. They were perfect for a backyard get-together with friends and family, not to mention incredibly simple to prepare. Jalapeños gave the relish just enough heat to satisfy my pepper-loving husband, while my kids enjoyed the sweetness of the pineapple. Perfect summer finger-food!"
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 red jalapeño pepper, finely chopped with seeds
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp finely chopped radish, optional
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1/8 tsp powdered stevia
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 8 natural chicken breakfast-style sausage links, preferably maple-flavored
- 8 whole-wheat mini hot dog or slider buns, warmed, optional
- In a small bowl, combine pineapple, jalapeño, onion, radish (if desired), mint, ginger and stevia; set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high and lightly coat grill basket with cooking spray. Place sausage links in grill basket. Cook according to package directions.
- To serve, place 1 sausage link on bottom half of each mini bun, spoon equal amounts of pineapple mixture over top of each and top with remaining bun halves.
- Serving Size: 2 sliders and 3 tbsp relish
- Calories: 344
- Carbohydrate Content: 33 g
- Cholesterol Content: 50 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 523 mg
- Sugar Content: 13 g