Little Link Sliders with Pineapple-Ginger Relish
These mini dogs are ideal during warmer months when little bites are just the right amount! While sliders are traditionally mini beef patties, we've turned the popular dish on its ear by revamping it frank-style.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
READER RECIPE TESTER
“My family loves hamburger sliders, so I was excited to try these sausage variations. They were perfect for a backyard get-together with friends and family, not to mention incredibly simple to prepare. Jalapeños gave the relish just enough heat to satisfy my pepper-loving husband, while my kids enjoyed the sweetness of the pineapple. Perfect summer finger-food!”
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/2 red jalapeño pepper, finely chopped with seeds
- 2 tbsp finely chopped red onion
- 2 tbsp finely chopped radish, optional
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 tsp grated ginger
- 1/8 tsp powdered stevia
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 8 natural chicken breakfast-style sausage links, preferably maple-flavored
- 8 whole-wheat mini hot dog or slider buns, warmed, optional
- In a small bowl, combine pineapple, jalapeño, onion, radish (if desired), mint, ginger and stevia; set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high and lightly coat grill basket with cooking spray. Place sausage links in grill basket. Cook according to package directions.
- To serve, place 1 sausage link on bottom half of each mini bun, spoon equal amounts of pineapple mixture over top of each and top with remaining bun halves.
- Serving Size 2 sliders and 3 tbsp relish
- Calories 344
- Carbohydrate Content 33 g
- Cholesterol Content 50 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 523 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g