Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Video: Loaded Quinoa Bowl
When time is in short supply, grab what’s on offer in your pantry to make a quick and tasty quinoa bowl!
- In a medium saucepan, bring 1 cup water and quinoa to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until water is absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes. During the last minute of cooking, add asparagus and cover. Remove from heat and set aside, covered, for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork and let cool to room temperature, about 15 minutes.
- Add radish, chickpeas, lemon juice, herbs, cheese, almonds and oil. Toss to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Serving Size 1 1/2-cup Loaded Quinoa Bowl
- Calories 394
- Carbohydrate Content 58 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 11 g
- Protein Content 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 341 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g