Lobster Tacos with Jicama, Corn, Cabbage & Avocado
Fresh lobster and crunchy jicama take the ordinary street taco to new heights. No lobster? Substitute cod or another white fish.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Find more taco recipes here!
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup peeled and diced jicama
- 1 cup frozen corn (cooked, cooled and drained)
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 1 avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup lightly packed coarsely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 cups coarsely chopped cooked and cooled lobster meat (about 10 oz)
- 8 6-inch soft corn tortillas, warmed
- Prepare toppings: In a large bowl, combine onions, jicama, corn and 2 tbsp lime juice. Season with salt and pepper. In a second large bowl, toss cabbage with 4 tsp lime juice and season with salt. In a third medium bowl, mash avocado to a chunky consistency; mix in cilantro and remaining 2 tsp lime juice.
- Divide avocado, jicama mixture, cabbage and lobster among tortillas.
- Serving Size 2 tacos
- Calories 318
- Carbohydrate Content 42 g
- Cholesterol Content 106 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 20 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 455 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g