Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
If you love this DIY burger recipe, make it a meal with a Portobello & Adzuki Bean Salad.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and mist with cooking spray. Spread Roma tomatoes on sheet and toss with oil. Roast until very soft and juicy, 20 to 25 minutes, stirring halfway. Transfer to a small saucepan. Add 3 tbsp water, honey, vinegar, sun-dried tomatoes and 1/2 tsp pepper. Bring to a simmer on high, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid evaporates and it becomes a thick, chunky jam, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a heat-proof container and cool at room temperature. (NOTE: May be made up to 3 days ahead. Cool completely and refrigerate until ready to use. Jam can be served cold or at room temperature.)
- In a large bowl, combine lamb, seasoning blend, salt and remaining 3/4 tsp pepper. Using your hands or a rubber spatula, mix gently until just combined. Divide into 6 equal portions, shape into patties and place on a plate.
- Heat a grill to medium-high and lightly oil grates. Grill burgers, turning 2 or 3 times, until centers are no longer pink and internal temperature reaches 160°F on an instant-read thermometer, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Prepare feta sauce: In a medium bowl, stir together cheese, lemon zest, yogurt and thyme. Divide feta sauce, patties, spinach and jam among buns.
- Serving Size 1 lamb burger
- Calories 511
- Carbohydrate Content 42 g
- Cholesterol Content 90 mg
- Fat Content 24 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 11 g
- Sodium Content 545 mg
- Sugar Content 20 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g