READER RECIPE TESTER
“We’re two very busy professionals and parents, so we need recipes that are easy to make and filling. We just had to give something back to our fellow readers. Here’s our recipe for an amazingly juicy and lean burger.”
- Ensure you have 2 racks in oven and preheat oven to 350°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and mist with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, add bread. Add milk, 1/2 tbsp at a time, mixing into bread to create a paste (do not over-mix; there may be milk left depending on bread).
- Place beef into a medium bowl. Add bread-milk paste and thoroughly work into beef using your hands. Sprinkle beef mixture with desired seasonings. Divide mixture into quarters and form each portion into a patty.
- Place burgers on baking sheet and cook to desired doneness on bottom rack, flipping once, about 12 to 15 minutes for medium-well. About 2 minutes before removing burgers from oven, top each with 1 slice cheese and place buns on top rack to toast, being careful not to let them burn.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a small skillet on medium-high. Add onion and sauté until translucent. Remove and set aside.
- Remove burgers from oven, place on buns and top with onion. If desired, garnish burgers with your favorite veggies such as chopped tomatoes and sprouts (shown here).
- Serving Size 1 burger
- Calories 328
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 70 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 35 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 405 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g