Start each day on a sunny note with this vibrant breakfast wrap you’ll master rapidly. Bursting with flavor and color, these filling beauties are first filled with bell pepper cooked to crisp-tender consistency. We then sauté spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and dill together for an aromatic veggie-forward filling. Because yes, even breakfast is an excellent opportunity to get your veggies in, and what better way than via breakfast wrap? To beef these burritos up a little, we turn to the breakfasting holy grail: eggs. Simply whisk some eggs with salt and pepper, scramble to your preferred consistency and spoon into the breakfast wrap. Lastly, while the egg is still hot, we sprinkle on some sharp feta cheese for a satisfying tang that rounds out this wholesome dish.
To make healthy eating on the daily even simpler, we’ve designed this recipe so that you can make it ahead of time, freeze it and enjoy all week long. Simply check out our recipe below for our tip for freezing egg wraps safely.
Psst… want the secret to perfectly scrambled eggs? In our recipe below, we stick to the basics. But if you’d like to take this breakfast wrap up a notch, try this genius tip from culinary instructor Chef James Smith: To achieve the fluffiest eggs ever, add 1 tablespoon of water to beaten eggs right before adding to the pan. If the pan is hot enough, the water in the egg mixture will create a burst of steam when it hits the pan. This will leaven the eggs and form a fluffier, lighter scramble or omelette.
Egg, Spinach & Feta Breakfast Wrap
- In a large skillet on medium, heat oil. Add bell peppers and cook for 2 minutes, until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in spinach, tomatoes and dill and cook, stirring often, for 1 minute, until spinach wilts.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, salt and pepper. Add to skillet, allow to set for 30 seconds and then continue to stir while cooking until eggs are set and there is no liquid egg remaining, 2 minutes.
- Spoon egg mixture evenly down center of each tortilla; sprinkle with cheese. Fold in opposite sides of each tortilla and roll-up burrito-style. Slice each in half.
MAKE AHEAD: If making ahead, wrap halves in parchment paper, followed by compostable wrap and freeze. Remove from the freezer and place in the fridge overnight to thaw. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Remove wrapping and bake for 15 minutes, until heated throughout.
- Serving Size ½ wrap
- Calories 257
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 290 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content 5 g
- Sodium Content 522 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Trans Fat Content 0 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g