Make-Ahead Coconut Oatmeal Bake with Blueberries & Almonds
This easy, plant-based breakfast will last up to four days refrigerated, so you can get out the door fast on busy mornings.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 6 tbsp coconut sugar, divided
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 heaping cup fresh blueberries, divided
- 6 tbsp sliced unsalted almonds, divided
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Mist an 8-inch-square baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a medium bowl, beat egg until lightly frothy. Whisk in coconut milk, ¼ cup coconut sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Stir in oats, all but 2 tbsp blueberries, and 5 tbsp almonds. Spread oatmeal mixture in prepared baking dish, and sprinkle with remaining 2 tbsp each coconut sugar and blueberries and 1 tbsp almonds. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until lightly golden on top and cooked throughout.
3. Serve warm or at room temperature with yogurt (if using). Cover and refrigerate for up to four days; reheat or bring to room temperature before serving.
- Serving Size 1/8 of recipe
- Calories 311
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 23 mg
- Fat Content 17 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 11 g
- Sodium Content 81 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g