- Prep Time
¼ cup raw honey
2-inch piece ginger, peeled
2 cups peeled and cubed mango (thawed if frozen)
1 tsp finely grated lime zest + ¼ cup fresh lime juice
4 oz dark chocolate (70% cocoa or greater), melted
Minced red chile pepper
8 3-oz ice pop molds
1. In a small saucepan on medium, combine 1 cup water, honey and ginger. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Remove and discard ginger.
2. Transfer honey mixture to a blender and add mango and lime zest and juice. Blend until completely smooth. Divide mixture among molds, and freeze until set, at least 4 hours.
3. Remove pops from molds and place on a parchment-lined tray. Drizzle with melted chocolate and sprinkle with optional toppings (if using). Serve immediately or return to freezer to set; when set, place in a zip-top freezer bag for storage.
- Serving Size: 1 pop
- Calories: 143
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3.5 g
- Sodium Content: 4 mg
- Sugar Content: 18 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 2 g